My entire drawing is resizing itself larger and larger without my know how

I have created a title block that is, or should I saw was, sized to be 1' smaller all the way round than my drawing limits. When finished I then went to make a block of the entire thing. All went well with making the block however I then realized that I forgot something I wanted to add to the block. I then exploded the block and started to edit my attributes. This actually happened a few times as I struggled to get my title block just the way i wanted it. Upon the attempt to edit it the final time, when I inserted an additional attibute it showed up extremely small. I then figured out that my drawing had resized to an extremely large size, it went from 144'x96' to 7000'+ x 5500'+, since my attibute was annotative this was the cause of it being so small. The problem is that I had saved this new size somewhere in the process and now I do not know how to make the drawing go back, or what caused this to happen. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME NOT HAVE TO REDO THE DANG THING? :cry:

Part of the problem is that you are drawing "to scale" just as one would if they were working on a drafting board. That's no longer recommended. The cardinal rule of AutoCAD is we draw all of our objects in model space at FULL size. We use Layouts (which give us access to paper space) for creation of our title block and border which we draw 1:1.

Yes, it was a new drawing. I have tried your scaling suggestion and it is working to correct what happened and from the looks of it it seems to me that I may have activated that command somehow to start the problem.

Maybe you can answer a question for me, what does it mean when in the box in the lower corner which shows the location of the cursor shows numbers like 3.4132E

+04, 2110'-97/8",0'0" when normally all the numbers show feet and inches in the setup I'm using.

Thank you so much for your help by the way!

The thing is, I was in model space and using annotative scale. All was fine until I exploded my block and every was HUGE. When I went to the layout that was working fine before the explotion, it was off the map.

units are set to architectural and as i move the cursor around it will go back and forth form those kind of odd numbers and back to architectural, I was thinking may some kind of error? the numbers have 3.4132E+04, and then maybe a feet and inches number next to it. It's puzzling.

Ok, that is a LIMITS issue. If you are drawing a city block, those numbers arent so unusual... set them to 0,0 and 50,50 and ZOOM, ALL to see the difference

It sounds to me like you drew your title block to the proper scale. Somehow you changed the units to engineering, which did not change the size of the title block, it only changed the units you saw when you measured it. If you change the units back to architectural (or whatever you were using), your block should go back to its proper size.

For future reference, you don't have to explode and redefine a block every time you need to make a change. Use the Block Editor (BEDIT).