Design Center???

Honda Matt

Everytime I open Auto CAD I have to refind my drawing that has my blocks in it.

How do I set up my Design Center to remember where that drawing is.

I use the Design Center to access the blocks that I use in every drawing. That way I can just click, drag, drop into the drawing that I am working on. The folder has my boarders, sections etc in it, but one drawing has all my blocks.

I have tried to set the folder as Home in the Design Center with no luck. Tried to set up a path in Options, Files but I think I am doing something wrong

Any help would be great

Thanks

Matt

Ok made a pallette with my blocks.

Went into DC and right clicked to make to pallette. It worked.

What happens when I make a new block in my blocks drawing? Will it automaticaly be added to my tool pallette, or do I have to add it to my pallette manually?

If it updates by itself great, if not how do I get it to do that.

Stupid question I'm sure, but have you tried pressing the Home button? Mine often opens to a random location but when you press Home it jumps to there.

dJE

http://screencast.com/t/F2GmMBAMCb4

That helped. By the video I take it that when I make new blocks I will have to add them to my tool pallette manually, right?

The thing I liked about the DC is when I added to the drawing it was updated when I saved the drawing.

Right now I am setting up a ton of things for my employer because the "head drafter" does not even know about half this crap. My last employer had most of this setup before.

At my last employer we used the DC how I described in my original post. Did not have to refind the file everytime Auto CAD was started up.

Ok made a pallette with my blocks.

Went into DC and right clicked to make to pallette. It worked.

What happens when I make a new block in my blocks drawing? Will it automaticaly be added to my tool pallette, or do I have to add it to my pallette manually?

If it updates by itself great, if not how do I get it to do that.

:) Great!

I am unaware of a way to automatically update toolpalettes, though...

Ya know that bugs me now...... THere must be a way to auto update. On the bright side, when you create the new block, you can just drag it iinto the palette directly from the drawing instead of going through DC...

I keep my blocks in drawings, so I have my piping blocks in one drawing, electrical in another, etc. When I change or add to the drawing I delete the tool palette then go to DC, right click, create tool palette. I am ready to R and R.

Ya know that bugs me now...... THere must be a way to auto update. On the bright side, when you create the new block, you can just drag it iinto the palette directly from the drawing instead of going through DC...

R2010 has an option to auto update. I've never used it know know whether it works or not, but it's there.

One advantage tool palettes do have over DC is that you can set the layer a block gets inserted on.

dJE