AutoCAD 2010 - Polyline Quirk - Not showing up as solid when they are drawn solid

rwhitt0724

I created a few blocks to use on a project we're doing. These blocks had Polylines in them that I have set to 13/16" thick. The problem is, when I am in the main drawing (not the block editor) the polylines are not showing up (or printing) as solid polylines. They look like rectangles. As do donuts that are also in the block, they are showing up almost as a star type shape (it is the correct size and shape, just does not view properly). The odd thing is, that both of the items are showing up perfectly fine in the block editor. I also used the "FILL" command to see if that could fix it and got no luck. I was able to recreate the problem on another computer. On the properly working computer, I turned the "FILL" option OFF and it looked just as it did on the 'broken' computer, except when I turn it to ON, it actually displays correctly. Does anyone have any other ideas what might be going on? Is it possible that the file has to many Polylines & Donuts in it and it is just to much so it is automatically doing this (the computer is not the best in the world but we've never had problems running AutoCAD on it, even Revit). I'm at a loss, the FILL thing totally threw me as I thought I'd figured it out but it worked on 1 computer but not on the one with the issue.

I believe we are using 2D wireframe? We draw everything in 2D here. Should I try setting the computer with the problem to a certain style? It's possible it may have been accidentally changed. Thanks for your help btw. I'm actually leaving the office now, so any suggestions you give I will try out in the morning and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Did you know that after turning Fill "on" that you have to do a Regen for the polyline to display as "filled"?

Other things that may affect the display of polylines that are not filled are as follows.

Make sure your visual style is not set to 3D Hidden although I'm pretty sure it isn't. Type the letters VS at the command line and then press Enter. You should see this: .

Make sure your UCS is set to World. Type UCS at the command line and then press Enter. You should see this: . If it is something else change it.

Edited by ReMark

Ok, back to work (although the day is almost over again). I checked all of the settings you mentioned above and they all matched with what you were suggesting, still no luck. I did also do the regenerate. Here's a things I have checked and verified the settings are correctly configured:

-Fill

-UCS

-Visual Styles

-Regen after all settings changed

I honestly don't know what to do now. My drawings are all changed and it's looking like I will have to go through all of these and redraw them. If you have any other suggestions I am completely open to trying anything. Please feel free to give as much input as you want.

Thanks.

Ok, back to work (although the day is almost over again). I checked all of the settings you mentioned above and they all matched with what you were suggesting, still no luck. I did also do the regenerate. Here's a things I have checked and verified the settings are correctly configured:

-Fill

-UCS

-Visual Styles

I honestly don't know what to do now. My drawings are all changed and it's looking like I will have to go through all of these and redraw them. If you have any other suggestions I am completely open to trying anything. Please feel free to give as much input as you want.

Thanks.

-Fill = on

-UCS = World

-PLAN = World

-Visual Styles = 2D

If your view is not perpendicular to the UCS the polyline was created on, that also disables fill. Post your drawing (or at least a sample) and we'll figure it out instead of redrawing it.