Dashed Lines?? Sames lines to still show dashed in different scaled viewports?

sygboe

Hi,

I keep having to change the line type scale of my dashed lines all the time to make them look right.

i have lt scale to 1. psltscale to 1.

is there a way of having the same line show a different dash scale depending on the scale of the viewport.

CAD user for about 10 years, this still confuses me.

• 5 weeks later...

A regen is required after changing a viewports scale, other than that, when LTSCALE and PSLTSCALE are the same value, the line segments should appear the same length regardless of the viewport scale.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my suggestion for broken lines....dashed, center, hidden...etc...............I have been using this system for as long. I am assuming you are using paper and model space......Have all your ltscale set to 1. Have your psltscale set to 1. If you are in model space and you needed to see the broken lines, set the ltscale to 1/4 of your dimscale. In paper space, no matter how many viewports you have, set your ltscale to.25.....All your broken lines inside the viewports, no matter what the scale of the vieport will be shown the same. I hope this is clear.

MSLTSCALE and PSLTSCALE should be set to the same value. We used to run into this problem all the time until I fixed the template file.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I think there is a simple way to solve your confusion:

Go to Format, select Linetype Manager, deselect "Use paper space units for scaling". That will always keep the line scale as the same as the setting in model whatever the viewport scale is.