need project help for penn foster oleson village

Firligic

Megaforce1

Point style edit, Point size 5.00, set in Absolute Units.

When you are drawing the tree use the radius of 15’ (15 divided by 2 equals 7.5’)

Draw the tree full size; you will scale it down later in the instructions. Draw on layer “0” then make it a block. This way when you insert the block on the tree remove or tree save layer, the block will take the color of that layer.

Hello Car 5858:

Do I zoom in as much as possible and draw my tree to a scale of 7.5 units for radius...I have my insertion scale of my drawing units set to inches...should it be set to feet...or would my units for my tree be 7.5 units (feet) = to 90 units (inches)....

Hello Car 5858:

I think I got it..the decimal units can denote any value, in this case a decimal unit is one foot; therefore 7.5 is egual to 7.5 feet...thankyou for you patience...I am sure to call on them again...this site is a life saver...thanks

Hello I am working on the Olsen Village. Can someone tell me what layer the the first 2 roads as to be on. (i.e. SW 85th Ave and SW Village Lane) When I look at others drawings that are posted on this site, they appear cyan. I am assuming the layer is boundary (with pantom lines - cyan) and then the sidewalks layer is also cyan so they kind of look the same. Also what layer is the 1' buffer between the right of way and the beginning of the sidewalk drawn on. Thanks

I have drawn the 1' buffer with the sidewalk layer, the 6' sidewalk on the sidewalk layer, and the 3' parking strip on the curb layer....Is this correct???? Thanks again!

Message: In the Oleson Village, I drew the first 2 roads on the boundary layer. I then offset the 1' buffer on the outside of the roads and placed this line on the sidewalk layer. Then I offset the 6' sidewalk to the outside off the buffer line. Then I offset the 3' parking area from the inside sidewalk line and placed this line onto the curb layer....I am really hoping this is right...it is confusing in the instructions as it sounds like you have to jump the curb to park....

REPLY FROM PENN FOSTER:

Your drawing is correct...Actually the "parking strip" is just a small grassy area next to the sidewalk (in a typical neighborhood where homeowners might place their trash cans for pickup as an example).

Typically a city will have a 1' offset from the street/property line to the back of the sidewalk. Sidewalk widths vary from city to city and from the residential to commercial districts. In your case PF calls for a 6' wide walk leaving 3' then from the edge of walk to the face of curb. Funny they do not mention a width for the curb which is normally 6" in most cities although in rare instances I've even seen 8" wide granite curbs. I think the use of the term "3' parking area" is quite misleading and should be changed.

I have been placing the trees and have used the list command and I have all my trees placed properly. However, Tree S44 coordinates have to been wrong as when I input them the tree is placed out in space. The coordinates that I have are: 1420986.34,786332.48 Does someone know the right coordinates for this tree. Thanks

After looking at the adjacent coordinates I see most of the y coordinates start with 7833...so I tried this and my tree was placed in the lower left corner by the other trees so I am assuming that this was the type-O error....

I am working on the Oleson Village. When I make SW Washington Street connect with SW Oleson Road at the Benchmark, SW Olsen Road ends up with a 84' ROW. All of my other roads have a 50' ROW except for SW Davis Court has a 40' ROW. Is this right or does SW Oleson Road have to have a 50' ROW too. If SW Oleson Road has a 50' ROW, then Washington does not intersect at the Benchmark....

Hello to someone out there who cares!!!

I am still working on the Oleson Village and hoping someone can answer my questions I posted above and also the following questions:

1. What layer are the Roads: SW Alden Street, SW Daves Court, SW Kensington Place, SW Washington Street, Sw Oleson Road, and the extention of SW 85th Ave. on.

I drew them on the yellow Border layer because of seeing other peoples' postings...but I am not sure this is right

2. What right of way label does SW Oleson Road get...50' ???

3. What layer is the Title Block drawn on? The instructions say to activate the layer called TRIM. There was no layer in the instructions called Trim, so I made one

with the color white and continuous line type. Then drew the 24X36 landscape border on it. I then drew the inside border. The instructions tell me to move

the "new lines to the correct layer." What layer is this? I moved the inside border lines onto the Yellow Border layer and left the Outside Border lines on the

Trim layer. Then I am to draw the title block...does this title block go on the yellow border layer or the red Title layer??? I am assuming that the title block it

drawn on the yellow border layer and then the title-Olseon Village is placed in the titile block using the red title layer....Is this right...

Thank You to anyone that can help!!!

I think I figured the answer to question 1. These roads should be drawn on the ROW layer. Meaning Right of Way not row like row your boat....

I still need help with the other questions thou. Also when I Zoom Extend my drawing the image vanishes. I have no idea why?

The zoom extends command makes every thing small in relation to the limits. This is put in to get the coordinates correct for the benchmark location.

I am working on your other answers now.

Hello Car 5858:

I think I got it..the decimal units can denote any value, in this case a decimal unit is one foot; therefore 7.5 is egual to 7.5 feet...thankyou for you patience...I am sure to call on them again...this site is a life saver...thanks

Yes

Hello I am working on the Olsen Village. Can someone tell me what layer the the first 2 roads as to be on. (i.e. SW 85th Ave and SW Village Lane) When I look at others drawings that are posted on this site, they appear cyan. I am assuming the layer is boundary (with pantom lines - cyan) and then the sidewalks layer is also cyan so they kind of look the same. Also what layer is the 1' buffer between the right of way and the beginning of the sidewalk drawn on. Thanks

ROW Right of way

I have drawn the 1' buffer with the sidewalk layer, the 6' sidewalk on the sidewalk layer, and the 3' parking strip on the curb layer....Is this correct???? Thanks again!

Also is the 3' parking area offset from the right of way or offset from the sidewalk??

Message: In the Oleson Village, I drew the first 2 roads on the boundary layer. I then offset the 1' buffer on the outside of the roads and placed this line on the sidewalk layer. Then I offset the 6' sidewalk to the outside off the buffer line. Then I offset the 3' parking area from the inside sidewalk line and placed this line onto the curb layer....I am really hoping this is right...it is confusing in the instructions as it sounds like you have to jump the curb to park....

REPLY FROM PENN FOSTER:

Your drawing is correct...Actually the "parking strip" is just a small grassy area next to the sidewalk (in a typical neighborhood where homeowners might place their trash cans for pickup as an example).

This is a better explaination.

olsn vill enlarged section.JPG

olsn vill enlarged section x10.jpg

I have been placing the trees and have used the list command and I have all my trees placed properly. However, Tree S44 coordinates have to been wrong as when I input them the tree is placed out in space. The coordinates that I have are: 1420986.34,786332.48 Does someone know the right coordinates for this tree. Thanks

After looking at the adjacent coordinates I see most of the y coordinates start with 7833...so I tried this and my tree was placed in the lower left corner by the other trees so I am assuming that this was the type-O error....

The correct coordinate is: 1420986.34, 783332.48

I am working on the Oleson Village. When I make SW Washington Street connect with SW Oleson Road at the Benchmark, SW Olsen Road ends up with a 84' ROW. All of my other roads have a 50' ROW except for SW Davis Court has a 40' ROW. Is this right or does SW Oleson Road have to have a 50' ROW too. If SW Oleson Road has a 50' ROW, then Washington does not intersect at the Benchmark....

This is what the intersection should look like.

benchmark.JPG

Hello to someone out there who cares!!!

I am still working on the Oleson Village and hoping someone can answer my questions I posted above and also the following questions:

1. What layer are the Roads: SW Alden Street, SW Daves Court, SW Kensington Place, SW Washington Street, Sw Oleson Road, and the extention of SW 85th Ave. on.

Roads are right of way layer.

I drew them on the yellow Border layer because of seeing other peoples' postings...but I am not sure this is right

2. What right of way label does SW Oleson Road get...50' ???

3. What layer is the Title Block drawn on?

Border

The instructions say to activate the layer called TRIM. There was no layer in the instructions called Trim, so I made one

with the color white and continuous line type. Then drew the 24X36 landscape border on it. I then drew the inside border. The instructions tell me to move

the "new lines to the correct layer." What layer is this? (border) I moved the inside border lines onto the Yellow Border layer and left the Outside Border lines on the

Trim layer. Then I am to draw the title block...does this title block go on the yellow border layer or the red Title layer??? I am assuming that the title block it

drawn on the yellow border layer and then the title-Olseon Village is placed in the titile block using the red title layer....Is this right...

Thank You to anyone that can help!!!

The trim layer is the actual size of the sheet. I see that Penn Foster has changed the sheet size since I did mine. Read page 3 in the drawing set up instructions, it is easy to miss. If you still need more instruction, give the school a chance, we cant always be here to help all the time. I have to grade finals this week:unsure: so I am pretty busy.

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone on this site that helped with the oleson village....finished and handing it in...let you know how i did...thanks a million

Just a quick note to let you know that I got 100% on my Oleson Village drawing...I couldn't of done it with out all the help here on this site....Thanks again....

• 2 months later...

hey, I,m start this project, I'm having a lots on problems understanding how things work, this is how my looks like can you help me, I feel I ready need extra help on Autocad 2010, please some one help me!!