need project help for penn foster oleson village

Firligic

hey guys another question agian, i need to move a object northwesterly direction by an amount that will place them -2.32,1.44 away from where they are now. how do i do that??

I am 95% done with this project, just need to fix a few things. my trees are not in the right place yet. and i didnt do the total length of the boundary. i hope this thread will help others in the future. this is how my look like.

thank you everyone for answering my questions :)

Untitled.jpg

Get rid of the grid and either use a black background so the yellow lines are more easily seen or change that layer's color to black.

The image is rather small. Attempting to compare your drawing to the copy I have is going to be a bit of a problem.

You have a title block and border right?

Edited by ReMark

yay i sent in my drawing for grading, i got a 98 on it thank you everyone for helping me out thank you

to be continued.....

more questions for my upcoming next project :)

Really? A 98? Well that is certainly good news. Congrats.

Answering any questions on your next project is going to cost you twice as much as it did for the Olsen Village project. You're gonna need a bigger wallet! LOL Just kidding.

Really? A 98? Well that is certainly good news. Congrats.

Answering any questions on your next project is going to cost you twice as much as it did for the Olsen Village project. You're gonna need a bigger wallet! LOL Just kidding.

hehez, happy holidays

• 3 months later...

Hello: I am just starting the Oleson Village Drawing and I am stuck right at the beginning trying to set the LTSCALE. Can anyone tell me how to calculate this as I have been using the reference in the text on page 374 (AutoCAD 2010) and my calculations I am sure is out to lunch. I have tried the formula Acad_scale=acad_plot/acad_size. For the sheet size of 24"X36" I get a plot area of 21.5"X33.5" (using the example in the book on page 375 as a reference) and a Drawing area of 15"X18" then when I try to determing the plot scale I get 15/10000000=0.0000015 I am sure this is wrong. The limits for the drawing are 0,0 and 10000000,10000000. So I am struck and do not know what to do. Could someone please direct me to the correct ltscale. Thank you!

With this project ltscale will need to be set at 50. Remember that Penn Foster does a few things different. This project will be plotted on 17.5x 11 sheets.

Edited by Car5858
sp

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on the Oleson Village assignment and I am trying to create the tree block. I have my units set to Decimal to reflect 0.00 and the angle to Surveyor's units. I am using a ltscale of 50. How do I create the tree with extents of 15 feet in diameter. I have tried to draw a circle with a radius of 15 feet. When I try to do this autocad will not except my radius. Do I have to reset my units to architectural to draw my tree block and then reset them back to surveyor's afterward. Also I have been trying to resize the point that is to be placed inside of the tree circle. I have tried using the pdsize command and used values of 10, 100, 1000, 10000, and 100000 and the point still remains too small. I have tried using the pdmode command and tried setting the point size from 5%, to 10%, 25%, 100%, 1000%, 10000% and 100000% and the point still remains too small.

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong.

What values were you entering for the PDMODE? It is a variable that sets the appearance of the point. Try putting in 3 or 4 and see what that looks like.