Adding surface to a wall under a roof

Richo

not sure how to explain this correctly, so hopefully the image attached helps.

for thread.jpg

okay, basically what i want to do is fill the red circle area with the same material as the blue circle (or a different material, unsure at this stage). There was one way where i just extend the walls across, but in doing so, it greatly affects the floor plan.

so is there a way to put a surface material in this area? you see this in a lot of houses, and i want to find a way to do this in revit. i dont even know what to search, so sorry if there has already been a thread on this.

hope somebody knows.

if you dont understand my mumbo jumbo, say and ill see if i can explain it further

I think that you can:

Select the wall, (preferably in an elevation view)

Select "Edit Profile"

While you're in editing mode, use the tools or erase lines... click & drag the ends of line to move them accordingly

(You won't be able to close out of the editor if there any gaps)

When you're finished, click the green check-mark to accept the changes and return to the last view you were in.

Edited by troggarf

• 1 month later...

Hello Richo,

sorry I jump in to your discussion..

I am a new user in revit. May I know how you copy and save the whole thing in revit viewport (the one you attached above).

how did you save that figure from revit viewport?

If you are asking about how to save a picture of the screen...

There is a button on your computer called "Print Screen" Sometimes it is abbreviated like "PRTSC" or "PRNTSCN". all you have to do is hold down CTRL or ALT or even a function key (that is colored) and then hit the "PRTSC" button. This takes a picture of what is displayed on your computer screen. Then you paste in to a picture editor and save.