Wierd fill in TEXT after exploding

Hi, so my company uses laser etching so we constantly have to explode TEXT so the laser can read it. Since installing AutoCAD '11 I seem to be having a problem. When I explode the TEXT it creates small lines within individual letters which almost resemble a sloppy fill pattern. This lines are throwing our laser out of whack....About 2 months ago I read of others having this problem their solution was to export the files into multiple programs how ever our time constraints are so tight that we need to keep our engineering in one program....anybody have a clue whats going on with this TEXT explode?

Does it look anything like this example of Times Roman text that I exploded?

Original is on the left. Exploded text in center. Exploded text separated into its individual entities on the right.

Exploded Text example.jpg

ok I posted the file as an attachment if you zoom in on the letter "i" you will see the wierd lines I had previously mentioned. This only happens sometimes as you can see the D is fine but the N has the same issue on a smaller scale

EDIT: Jplanera that is a pretty cool find however the normal extra crosses do not both the laser its the redundant lines that I posted that bothers it. Not only that it will do to many passes taking off to much and allowing light to leak from the panel which is no good.

wierd fill.pdf

Interesting program. Thanks for sharing that link JPlanera. Have you tried it out?

I am actually having a hard time figuring out how to load it....

How's it done now that you figured it out?

My apologies. Its a .NET app so NETLOAD from the command line and navigate to the Txt2Geom\bin\Release folder and select the TextToGeom.dll file.

Command: T2G to start

Thanks JPlanera. I think that I may have seen that explanation at The Swamp but missed the significance of it. I'll have to give it a try when I get to work Tuesday.

Hey guys thanks for the quick responses.

I also found a quick fix less complicated but still gets the job done. After exploding the text if you get the fill line just use the normal explode command and delete all the lines inside....little bit more time consuming but it allows you to stay in one program.

EDIT: O and do not forget to poly line edit the letters to join all the lines afterwards. If your doing any laser etching that is...If it is not one continuous line the laser will NOT fully etch the letters.

Hey guys thanks for the quick responses.

I also found a quick fix less complicated but still gets the job done. After exploding the text if you get the fill line just use the normal explode command and delete all the lines inside....little bit more time consuming but it allows you to stay in one program.

If you really didn't want our help, you could have just said so.. :( Now I feel used and unappreciated. My Christmas is ruined!!!

OK just kidding... Any way that fits your needs and is comfortable is always the best solution. If i may ask, did you get to load the text2geom program at all? It works right inside autocad and will be much faster than exploding and deleting lines, especially if there is a lot of them

LOL:cry: sorry J....and yes I got the add on how ever I am an intern so the computer I am using might as well have a lab rat running on a wheel to power it....so the less stuff I have to run or download and save to the hard drive the better...However I did load it up on my lap top and can not wait to use it for my school work going to save me a ton of time in class.