Need help regarding Structural/ Mechanical/ Plumbing and Electrical layouts! >.<

elvewien

Hi all!

Please help me! I am currently taking a short course in drafting. they are teaching all the basic from Architectural -> Structural -> HVAC -> Electrical -> and Drainage/Plumbing. And i got some questions, i hope you guys can help me >.

1. In Structural, we are asked to do the RC details for roofing and Beams. i don't know how to do this one. It will be a big help if someone can explain it to me, or show any sample.

2. In Structural, we are also asked to do the RC details of Staircase. Any explanations or samples will be a great help.

3. With regards to the Plumbing/Drainage, i really don't have any idea how it looks. can anyone send me a sample or something?

I really need a lot of help.

Thanks in advance!

What country are you located in? Just so we know whether we are dealing with metric or imperial sizes for things such as rebar.

What textbook are you using?

i am staying in United Arab Emirates. we are not using a specific book, since this is just like a short course, they just gave us a manual and lectures in PDF files.

A short course in the basics of five different disciplines and they expect you to have enough knowledge to design a concrete roof, beam, stairs and to complete a simple plumbing and drainage plan?

How detailed do these "details" have to be? Are you calling out reinforcement bar sizes or specifying the strength of the concrete?

Is there a library nearby that you can go pull some reference books and have a look at what you are being asked to design?

i have checked some samples of plans and comparing to what we are doing, it's not that detailed but all the important things are there.

He gave us the sizes for the bars, for slabs, columns.. hmm but for stairs i think he didn't mention anything [or maybe i am not paying attention that time @_@... ill ask my classmates]

Thanks for the file! i think this can help!

one more question, for this RC of Stairs, i don't need to show the whole staircase right?

Thanks a lot! ^^, now for the roof, electrical and plumbing...

one more question, for this RC of Stairs, i don't need to show the whole staircase right?

No, just as ReMarks pic shows, the details are in the top and bottom, and because the middle is "repeating", only the minimum is needed.

No, you do not need to show the whole staircase although a detail at the landing might also be required.

What kind of concrete beam did you have in mind? Examples: concrete grade beam for a building slab or a concrete beam used in highway (bridge) construction.

Electrical? You hadn't mentioned that before. What's required?

Re: concrete roof. Are you referring to hollow core slabs or perhaps steel/concrete decking?

With regards to the manual, all the codes and standard rules and details are there, but of course, once you start doing it, a lot of questions comes out and it's much easier to ask to someone who have the knowledge ^^,

@ remark: regarding the beam, these are the details i have 200 x 400 [depth]mm. with reinforcements 2T16 and links T8/150 center to center.

Re: electrical, i think i only need the symbols for this right?

Are you asking me or telling me? I wasn't in class when the assignment was handed out. Either ask another classmate or the teacher to make clear what is expected as far as an electrical drawing.

I'm in the U.S. and using the Imperial not the Metric system. I'm used to seeing rebar called out, for example, as #4 bars @ 12" o.c. The designation T8 and T16 are currently unknown to me although I think someone posted a metric equivalent bar sizing chart a couple of months back. I'd have to go find it.

for the electrical, i only need to put the symbols and i think i can do that, ehehe.

With regards to the designation, they said for example, T8/150, means the bar has a diameter of 8mm with 150mm spacing from the next bar. Can you please tell me the details needed for the RC roofing and beam. im a little confused with this. for the foundations, slabs, etc, i have done it along with a table, but for the roof, since im going to have a flat concrete roof, is it going to be the same with the RC for the slabs? any suggestions or any standard measurements for this?

Re: electrical, i think i only need the symbols for this right?

symbols will help, but you will need to know/show what breaker feeds what lights, fans, etc.