I'm trying to load AutoCAD and Raster Design 2009 on a machine that will be an office loaner. Multiple people will be logging on to this machine. I keep running into the same problem.
1) I will load AutoCAD then Raster with an account that has administrator privileges.
2) I log in with another account (either admin or Power User privileges)
3) I click the AutoCAD icon, it says "Please wait whille Windows configures AutoCAD..." then "Please wait while Windows configures Raster..."
4) A window pops up and says "Installer has detected that the following programs are running."
In order to complete installation, these programs must be closed."
5) I open task manager and kill the acad.exe process
6) I hit okay to proceed with installation.
This fixes the problem, but the problem will still be there for the next person. How can I keep Raster from stepping on AutoCAD to avoid this error?
Registered forum members do not see this ad.
oop. Nevermind. It looks like there is a hotfix for this very issue on the Raster 2009 service pack page. I will see if that works. At least I have this problem recorded for next time.
Edit - works great. Here is the link.
Last edited by Blam; 22nd Dec 2010 at 05:25 pm. Reason: Adding link to solution.