Layers won't delete

nowikovs12

Hi there, I have some layers in my .dwg that I want to delete, but I am not able to do so. I selected the layer, making sure it is current, unlocked and visible, then entered command QSELECT to select everything within this layer, strange but nothing was sellected, so I asume that the layer is empty, typed LAYER to bring up layers, selected that layer and tried to delete, and the mesage comes up saying that the layer cant be deleted,.. please help :geek:

You most likely cannot delete the current layer. Change the current layer to something else then try to delete. If that fails then perhaps the layer is used in a block definition - try a purge.

thank you for your help, moving away to another layer didn't delete the empty layer, but purging the blocks did, these two layers apeared in my drawing when importing one block, I moved the block and all it's content to one of my own layers, and that is when I tried to delete those two layers. How can I delete the layers that were created when importing a block, but maintaining the block? Because I only managed to delete the two layers by purging the block,.. thank you guys ;)

thank you for your help, moving away to another layer didn't delete the empty layer, but purging the blocks did, these two layers apeared in my drawing when importing one block, I moved the block and all it's content to one of my own layers, and that is when I tried to delete those two layers. How can I delete the layers that were created when importing a block, but maintaining the block? Because I only managed to delete the two layers by purging the block,.. thank you guys ;)

Place the block, then use block editor and change the layers in the block so all objects in the block are on layer 0.

Or use the express tool LAYMRG to merge the offending layer into a layer you want to keep. Draw a line with the offending layer and another line on the layer you will keep, run the command, follow prompts.