Plotting to scale

cadg

I'm using AutoCAD 2007. I have drawn in my Model Tab a 16 x 10 rectangle.

In my Layout Tab I have tried to print that page on an 11 x 17 piece of paper. When I try to plot the Layout, it doesn't come out to a 1:1 scale. Can anyone tell me why? In the plot scale window I have it set to 1:1 and the fit to scale button is turned off.

Any dashed lines showing up in your layout? These normally represent the limit one can plot to. Anything on the dashed line or beyond the dashed line won't print.

Something doesn't look right.

If you selected a paper size of 11x17 and you have an object back in model space drawn full size at 10x16 then the viewport you are showing has not been assigned a scale of 1:1. It is something other than that. Stretch you viewport such that it falls outside of the dashed lines. Since we do not want to plot the viewport frame itself this should pose no problem. Then set the scale of the viewport to 1:1 using any method you normally do. You may, or may not, have to make a minor adjustment to the object's position within the viewport using the Pan command. When done, lock the viewport's display so the scale doesn't change. Now plot it.