how should i give dimension in isometric drawing........

mateen

Vagulus - you have been given everything you need to figure this out on your own. Go back to post #3 and read that and study everything else you have been given. You may be making this way harder than it is.

QUOTE]

It must be said that, when I first read post #3, I had absolutely no idea how to create a Text Style or a Dimension Style. I don't think it should be assumed that a beginner has some genetic predisposition to doing something an expert finds simple. I made it harder than it is by not understanding the jargon of the discipline.

However, after some more thrashing around I had some success at last.

Isometric Dimsion Solutions.jpg

I found that I needed two Text Styles and Three Dimension Styles. My Text Styles are ISO30 and ISO-30 which have Oblique Angles of 30 and -30 respectively. The Dimension Styles are:

ISO-30 which uses Text Style ISO30;

ISO-30 Vertical which uses Text Style ISO30;

ISO-30 Horizontal which uses Text Style ISO-30.

Why the extra Dimension Style I do not know - but it works. DIMEDIT is still required and the Oblique Angles are in the drawing. You have to remember to use F5 to get your view angle right.

My thanks to all who contributed to the thread.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vagulus

• ReMark

• rkent

• mateen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images