can I make layout viewport mirror model space

rleap

This is my first post in this forum, please be gentle. I have previously found lots of answers by searching existing threads, but I've come up empty on this issue.

I design travel trailers and draw the roadside (RS) and doorside (DS) walls on different overlapping layers. Since they are exactly the same size and shape around the perimeter, overlapping them maintains continuity when I add the floor, roof and front and rear wall profiles.

When I plot the drawings for production I need to mirror the DS print. Currently, I am mirroring the drawing in model space. Is there a way to mirror the layout viewport so I don't have to mirror the drawing in model space?

AutoCad 2011

This is my first post in this forum, please be gentle. I have previously found lots of answers by searching existing threads, but I've come up empty on this issue.

I design travel trailers and draw the roadside (RS) and doorside (DS) walls on different overlapping layers. Since they are exactly the same size and shape around the perimeter, overlapping them maintains continuity when I add the floor, roof and front and rear wall profiles.

When I plot the drawings for production I need to mirror the DS print. Currently, I am mirroring the drawing in model space. Is there a way to mirror the layout viewport so I don't have to mirror the drawing in model space?

AutoCad 2011

In the second viewport, use the view command, pick the preset view Bottom (assuming you used WCS), you are looking at a mirror of the model because you are looking at it from the other side.

For that view after the change to the bottom view, use PLAN, current UCS. Any annotation you add will show properly in that view, create layers for each view and freeze in the other views.