Carriage Return within a field

lfe011969

Is there anyway to add a carriage return to a custom drawing property or to the Drawing Title field within AutoCAD?

We use the Drawing Title drawing property for our drawing titles as a field in our title blocks. I have the field stretched out to fill the whole area where our titles go and this works fine for most. A few project leads would like the ability to break the title so the text is more uniform.

This is a sample title using a field. The first line of the title spreads out completely until there is no more room for text which then throws the last word of the title onto a separate line.

1.jpg

This is how some project leads have requested our titles to be shown.

2.jpg

Unfortunately the only way I've been able to do this is to manually move the grips in for the MTEXT until the words break as needed. The unicode code for a carriage return (U+000D) does not work. Neither does adding \n.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

rkent,

Adding another line doesn't solve my problem as the title is stored in a field within a piece of MTEXT. See picture below.

title.jpg

Having been used to give the drawing a name, does the Field have to stay as a Field?

If not, you could convert the Field to Text for those few drawings where more formatting is required.

Move over to the Custom Tab and either add two lines for the title or add one line for overflow. Or use the Subject line for the overflow and add that field to the title block.