oleson village question..

armydude2211

Hi everyone,

I have looked at all the threads pertaining to this drawing for Penn Foster AutoCAD class. I have the drawing approx. 70% complete and i noticed that my benchmark is not at the ne corner of the intersection of SW Washington st and SW Oleson Road. Where could I have messed up? I thought i was doing pretty good on this, but i guess not lol.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Maybe you used the wrong coordinates?

Find out what coordinates the benchmark is currently at and check this against the project handout.

Edited by ReMark

i checked out the coordinates and they are correct to where i thought they were. From the benchmark that I have to SW Oleson Rd I am 38.75 ft. directly to the west from my point. I will put up a copy of my drawing so far if you could take a look at it for a second and see if you can see what i am missing. I would appreciate it greatly.oleson village.jpg

Have you see the other images posted here of this drawing? I think you are missing a street aren't you?

How does the instructions go about having the student location the benchmark? Unfortunately I don't have the instructions on the computer I'm using at the moment.

Armydude: Please verify the location of the benchmark by the assigned coordinates. This is what I believe the instructions convey.

The benchmark is located at the NE corner of the intersection of SW Washington St and SW Oleson Road. The benchmark coordinates are 1421334.93,783207.62 respectively.

If your benchmark is not at those coordinates then it is in the wrong location.I'm sure that you remember if a person is facing North then East is to the right. The northeast would be halfway between the two.

Wow do i feel like a real idiot. It really helps to read correctly lol. After re-reading the instructions about 4 more times, completely through, I realized that I have SW Oleson Rd with a ROW of only 50ft where it is supposed to be 80. After adjusting it to the correct size I am right where I am supposed to be. Thank you very much ReMark for the help that you have given me..

Note to everyone: Read Instructions Carefully lol

Been there and done that too so I can fully understand where you are coming from. I find it to happen mostly when I try to rush something. I think I read every other line instead of every line. Glad to here you got it squared away.

Happy New Year armydude.

• 1 month later...