Transfer from one computer to another

pkrbkr

Sometimes i put a drawing on a USB flash drive to take to work. How do i load

the drwg. into Auto Cad 2002. I can get it to load to the desk top. Just started

using Auto Cad.

You would simply drag and drop the .dwg file in a folder on your hard drive. Then either double click on the .dwg file or start AutoCAD and use open to navigate to that file.

after doing "rkent suggestions, please also check the version of autocadd on your home PC and at your work.the source autocadd version on your home should be the same or higher than you PC on your work to be able to open the CAD file.or make save as to save on different versions..

My guess from the very very very limited information you have provided is that you can open going one way (home to work) but not the other way (work to home).

As indicated by DRANREB if the versions of AutoCAD are too far apart you cannot go backwards without a bit more effort.

First determine what versions of AutoCAD you are using in both locations (you mention a very very old release 2002 in one location - what about the other).

Assuming the 2002 is the older release - in the newer release go to File>Save As and set the file properties to Release 14 to open in older release.

You can also download free DWG True Convert to use if you forget to save as earlier version.

R14.png

If this is going to become a habit then I recommend creating a folder in the root drive of your computer for these particular drawing files. Example: C:\MyDwgs Do not create the folder in the AutoCAD program directory.

You would simply drag and drop the .dwg file in a folder on your hard drive. Then either double click on the .dwg file or start AutoCAD and use open to navigate to that file.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try.

I don't have a problem opening the dwgs. at either place. I would like to put them in the cad program

so they aren't just lying around on the desktop.

Do not put the files in with your program files. If you ever have to uninstall then reinstall the program you'll lose the folder your drawings are in.