Migrating VBA Code from ArcGIS 9.3 to AutoCAD 3D Map 2011

rameshraju9

Dear All,

We are working on finding best highway alignments.

We have been working on ArcGIS 9.3 and we have written lot of applications in VBA to change attribute values and/or do some calculations based on attribute values. We now want to shift these VBA applications and shapefiles to AutoCAD 3D Map 2011 so that we can use additional features of AutoCAD like earthwork volume calculations.

I can open my .shp files and attribute tables in AutoCAD 3D Map. I can even change the attribute values manually in the tables. However I am not able to run my VBA scripts. I am getting error saying I am using an external object. Can someone pls show me sample code written in VBA for AutoCAD to change an attribute value based on a search criteria, for example if id =10 myvalue = 25.

Basically, I am wondering if ThisDrawing in AutoCAD is the same as IMxDocument in ArcGIS. Will I be able to do all the things using ThisDrawing.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ramesh