Moving data from Excel Spread Sheet data to AutoCAD drawings w/ Fields or Attributes?

muck

Using AutoCAD 2010:

I would like to move data from an excel spread sheet to group of drawings with AutoCAD fields or attributes. I need to read a row of data then apply it to a drawing to fill in labels and tag information then go to

the next row for the next drawing template. I am looking for the quickest and easy way to do this.

This probably can be done with programming but maybe there is a quicker way.

Maybe using AutoCAD fields may be an way to accomplish?

Any Suggestions

Thank you,

The approach taken will most likely be dictated by the specific location & type of data being added to the drawings.

For example, Title block information:

We use attributed title blocks, which are converted into fields, that display custom properties in our project's sheet set (DST). If the client information changes, we simply change the custom property, and print. No more going into each drawing to modify, etc.

A separate example, would be if you have attributed blocks within your drawing (plan drawings), which need to reflect said data. This would not be handled by SSM, and instead may require some programming.

Perhaps you can clarify exactly what data you are trying to put into what attributed entities, and we'll go from there?

In my case we need to update circuit loop drawings. We want to update instrument tags, equipment

numbers, P&ID numbers etc. from a spread sheet sent to us by our clients. Programming is an option

but I are looking for something quicker.

If I use the programming option, I would have to find out how to link Excel to AutoCAD to import data to the attribute AutoCAD objects. The program would have to read the Excel cells from specific rows then VBA would have to direct data to named drawing attributes for specific drawings. I could do this but it would take time developing this. I prefer to take the faster easy route at this time.

Thank you,