• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cad64

• ReMark

• rkmcswain

• Jack_O'neill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had same problem after installing SSD Drive, but I'm getting error on Network and Local Hard Drive. Not really sure why new hard drive would cause the issue but I have attached the fix that worked fCapture.JPGor me. If it helps please let me know.

• 1 year later...

We have just recently purchased some new computers running Win7 64 bit and Autocad 2011. Several people, including me, are now getting the error shown below while trying to save. It's a random issue and could happen 3 or 4 times a day. And not only does it create this crazy temp file, but it can also cause Autocad to crash.

First, you have to understand how AutoCAD saves when you do a QSAVE.

1. The contents of the editor are written to a SAV????.TMP file.

2. The .BAK file is deleted.

3. The .DWG file is renamed to .BAK

4. The .TMP file is renamed to .DWG.

The two most common reasons I have seen for this particular error are:

1. There is something going on with file permissions and the existing BAK or DWG cannot be deleted/renamed/etc.

2. A network glitch occurs and AutoCAD becomes "disconnected" (so to say...) from the open file. The server where the file resides does not know this and maintains it's O/S file lock on the .DWG file. AutoCAD cannot rename the DWG to BAK, and generates this message. The .TMP file is a valid drawing file in almost all cases, so you don't have real data loss. I hear of and see this almost always with non-supported servers (NAS/SAN solutions). Those are notorious for having the initial glitch that sets off this chain reaction.

First, you have to understand how AutoCAD saves when you do a QSAVE.

Thanks for the reply but this problem was happening back in 2011. I don't remember what the solution was, but I believe that upgrading the server is what fixed it.

Thanks for the reply but this problem was happening back in 2011.

I'm aware of the date.

I added this info so that future searches that bring up this thread, can have this additional info.

I still see this problem today, not infrequently.

Thanks.