Limit Profile Length in Profile View--Possible?

CyberAngel

There's a profile view on this project with two profiles. One is from an old surface in a landfill, and one is from an even older surface. The edges of the older profile overlap the old profile, so I want to limit the starting and ending stations for the older profile, i.e. clip it horizontally at specific places.

I could swear I've done this before. You can see the stations on the profile properties, the profile view properties, and the alignment properties, but you can't change them in any of those places.

The only solution I could come up with was to create a new, shorter alignment and superimpose it on the original profile view. Anybody got a better idea?

• 3 weeks later...

Another option is to create a new Profile View, so you have two of them. Set one Profile View so that it displays only Profile 1, and the other so that it displays only Profile 2. Superimpose the two Profile Views, one on top of the other. Then create a new Profile View Style that has everything turned off on the "Display" tab, and assign it to Profile View 2. Then, in the Profile View Properties for PV2, limit the starting and ending stations by keying in a "User specified range" on the Stations tab. Profile 2 will be limited to that station range.

Thanks for the suggestion. As it turns out, I couldn't make that profile smooth enough for the boss, so I just drew it in. Now I'm putting hatches in these profiles. Yes, hatches in profiles, welcome to my world.