+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD 2011

Default Nope - Notta - Null

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

You got the Layer Manager docked. Try clicking on the edge of it with your mouse and then check it to not be docked.

My system recently pulled that number on me and it took me a half hour to figure it out... no thanks to the guys trying to help here... LOL

Computer Details
    SLW210's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 PRO 64-bit
    Computer:
    IBM Lenovo
    Motherboard:
    ACPI x64
    CPU:
    Pentium(R) i5 4570 @ 3.2GHz
    RAM:
    8 GB RAM
    Graphics:
    Nvidia Quadro 600 1GB
    Primary Storage:
    300 GB
    Secondary Storage:
    650GB
    Monitor:
    2x ThinkVision 24"
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    SLW210's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Design Draftsman
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Details
    Mostly do drafting related to manufacturing. From doing site layouts with proposed updates, additions and renovations to be budgeted and submitted for bid, to updating and changing existing drawings to reflect maintenance and repair/revision work done on site.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Quote Originally Posted by DrCADD View Post
    You got the Layer Manager docked. Try clicking on the edge of it with your mouse and then check it to not be docked.

My system recently pulled that number on me and it took me a half hour to figure it out... no thanks to the guys trying to help here... LOL
    This problem has nothing to do with a docked Layer Manager, it is associated with moving from a dual monitor setup to a single and the palette having been on the secondary monitor and not showing up on the single monitor. It wouldn't be possible to click on the Layer Manager as it is not there.

I do not see where you have posted asking how to undock a tool palette and is the most likely reason you have not recieved help.
    “A narrow mind and a fat head invariably come on the same person” Zig Zigler

Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SLW210 View Post
    This problem has nothing to do with a docked Layer Manager, it is associated with moving from a dual monitor setup to a single and the palette having been on the secondary monitor and not showing up on the single monitor. It wouldn't be possible to click on the Layer Manager as it is not there.

I do not see where you have posted asking how to undock a tool palette and is the most likely reason you have not recieved help.
    You missed my point.

My system started doing that out of nowhere one morning and after 30 minutes I found out how to right click on the gray area of the Layer Manager bar and undock it. I was unable to move it, resize it, drag it... Nothing worked until I determined it had docked itself near the top of the screen. There was no secondary monitor - ever.

Forum Newbie
    Discipline
    Construction
    Using
    AutoCAD LT 2016

Default disconnect & reconnect monitor

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

In my case, none of the above worked. But what did work is:

- disconnect the HDMI cable of the second monitor.
    - now move the layers window to a more favorable position
    - reconnect the HDMI cable of the second monitor.

Hope this helps...