AutoCAD Architecture 2010 - Realistic View looks total black !

gnusselt

Imagine some walls around. I don't know or can't find out if lights are applied in the scene. Anyway, I don't use render. I use Visual Styles - Realistic and then I get black walls. So the model doesn't look right, in fact i can't see anything. :?

I did try reset visual styles, but i still get black walls. How can i get the right image with realistic view?

black walls.jpg

The visual styles of Conceptual and Realistic don't use specific light sources like spotlights or the sun.

I think you are getting black walls because your walls are on a layer which has been assigned the color black.

What kind of "right image" are you trying to achieve?

I'm guessing since you say you "don't use render" that you also did not apply any materials to your walls or assign a material to the layer your walls were drawn on. Am I correct?

The wall's layer is green.

I tried this : In a new file i create a simple wall. Looks great (concrete looks). I then copied that to the "black" drawing and it turned black too when i am in realistic view style. I deleted all the lights in the scene.

While editing this post i did these moves :

Create a new file.

Copy the model from the "black looking" drawing to the new file.

Set Realistic view in the new file and the nice concrete-like color is there.

I don't know what to say. Take a look at the photo.

PS > Great site http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials/level_3/3-17.htm THANK YOU

drawing1.jpg

The colors you see are either ones associated with the layer or that you overrode the ByLayer setting and chose to assign independent of the layer. At least that's the way I interpret it. Perhaps forum member fahim will see your post and give us his opinion. I do very little with materials or rendering but I do use both the Conceptual and the Realistic visual styles quite often.

1. Type in MAT (Materials).
  2. Select the Global material from the list of the Available Materials in Drawing.
  3. Under Material Editor use these settings:

• Type: Advanced

• Click on the lock icons (to lock them)

• Uncheck "By Object" option and chose white color (255,255,255).

Done

:geek:

--Edit--

I second what Remark has stated. It seems you have assigned some color (black/white) to that entity overriding its default "Color-By-Layer" setting. Anyways, the above method would apply a white material to all the objects that fall under the Global category. It should work for you. :)

Thank you fahim for jumping in here. I'm a noob when it comes to materials, lights and rendering. One of these days I've got to get myself educated in the fine art of rendering with AutoCAD.

fahim108, it worked. But still don't understand why. Besides, when i turn the sun on i get a yellow colored walls. One question answered, others follow :-)