I'm unable to modify an existing drawing

bosers83

Hi, I'm a bit rusty on CAD! I have been given a complete elevation drawing of a building, and I need to modify it.

However, I cannot select any given line; they all appear to be joined together. This is to say that if I try and select one line, every line in the entire drawing is selected. Also, I cannot seem to see what layer they are in which is confusing me even more!

Please help!!:?

Hi, I have selected the entity, and looked in drawing properties from the file tab. Didn't really tell me anything! Is there a way to separate the block so I select individual lines?

I didn't mean Drawing Properties from the File menu... I meant Properties as in Ctrl+1 or rt-clk -> Properties

You could try Explode.

It could well be that it is a block I have selected - do you know of a way of modifying the block back into its component parts? Is that the 'explode' function?

The layer the drawing is in isn't called 'varies', but it is showing in a different colour than its summary in the drop-down menu suggests, oddly. The menu says it should be black, but on my screen it is showing as flourescent green!

Yes, the Explode command will separate a compound object into its individual entities.

The color is different than that assigned to the layer? Perhaps someone decided to override the color instead of using color ByLayer.