Border colors change in table after editing

Hollyfeld

Hello all.

I have been trying to figure this one out for a long time. I didn't create these tables, but I use them all the time and I'm hoping that someone out there can help me.

I insert a blank table into a new drawing. I edit it with the information it needs. I can copy it, move it, scale it, etc., without problems. However, once I save the drawing and then change any information in it, the colors around some of the borders change.

In the example I posted, I changed the top cell of text from Panelboard 'D' to Panelboard 'E'. The same borders change everytime no matter what cell I edit. There are several tables in this drawing and this quirk only happens to the ones that I edit.

PANEL-before.jpg

PANEL-after.jpg

Thanks for your time.

edit - Running 2010. These tables were created in v2007 or 2004.

Thank you for the quick response. I will try out this solution when I get a chance and report back.

Very nice video tutorial by the way. :)

Hello again,

I finally got around to looking into this and trying it out. I edited the table that is saved in our CAD Library in the manner that you suggested. Unfortunately when i copy/paste, ddinsert or use our pulldown method for entering blocks the same thing happens.

I just found something that may help. The borders that change are on a "bylayer" color. If i create a new layer and change the color to red, then the borders that usually change to white will become red.

another edit - Looking at the panel schedule, I tried editing every cell found in a particular area. For instance, where it says "Breaker", "Trip" and "R.L. Amps" I count 4 cells. (1) for each titled cell and then (1) that encompasses them all. Even if i change all the borders to the correct colors, they still all go white when this quirk occurs.

Edited by Hollyfeld

Ok i solved the issue, but i created another. Tucked away in our library, I found the old original panel schedule. I copy/pasted it into several drawings, ddinsert'd it some too and did not have any issue with the border colors. Yay! So then I saved that drawing with the same name as the one that was causing the issues, but now when i use our library pulldown to insert it into a drawing i get the following error and the panel schedule is not inserted. I can use the ddinsert command without any problems.

Command: -INSERT Enter block name or [?]: ESCpanelschedule Block

ESCpanelschedule references itself

*Invalid*

That error means that you are trying to insert a drawing that has already been defined as ablock. You need to go to the source drawing, explode the schedule and purge the drawings block definitions, and you should be good to go. see the screencast for a better understanding.

http://screencast.com/t/crl1CNpeY7