Create Polyline around block for Wipeouts

Hi.

I use wipeouts a lot.

Is there any way to automatically create an outline around a block that can be converted to a wipeout?

Some of our blocks are complex, and it takes a fair amount of time to create.

Thanks in advance!

Could the perimeter of one of these complex blocks be described using only line segments and no arcs? Yes? Then start with the Boundary command as it will take less picks than creating an outline using a polyline. This will leave you with a LWPOLYLINE object which could be used for your wipeout. I think this will work.

Could you post a sample block?

Maybe try a pface and set its elev to be a fraction below the block , normal 2d dwg is at z=0.0 so pface is at -0.001 you may need to tick "Hide" when plotting.

Didn't test but works for some other stuff I do

Had a quick go dwg is at z=0.0 pface is at 0.1 block is at 0.2 works.

Thanks Guys.

I'm not familiar with this pface command.

If I understand you right, how will this mask other entities at zero elevation if it is underneath?

A pface is a multi point face same as a 3d face but can have more than 3 points it also can be used a zero thickness solid object that is not transparent.

Your right also dwg is at z=0 pface at z=0.1 block at z=0.2 you need to tick on hideplot when plotting

Ok try this pface pick 4 points then enter then 1 2 3 4 enter I think twice this makes a square pface then move it 0,0,0 0,0,0.1 then put a block on top move 0,0,0, 0,0,0.2 if it does what you want then post here I have a lisp for pfaces so you dont need to enter vertices number.

Seems like more trouble than just clicking round the outside of the block a few times and making a closed polyline. Not the one click solution I was looking for unfortunately.8)