AutoCAD not loading Mechanical

DKT

I am running AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 and just recently lost all of the Mechanical customizations that it provides. In all of the toolbars, all Mechanical commands lost their icons and none of the commands are defined anymore. I unloaded all of my LISP routines, thinking one might have screwed it up. I set all support paths to their default locations and it still doesn't work.

If any of you guys have had a similar problem, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks! DKT

1. Check tools>options>profiles and see if the proper profile is loaded.

2. Check menuload and see if rthe correct menu is loaded.

3. Check to see if you have the right workspace is loaded.

Hope this helps

Check to see if you have the right workspace is loaded.

This worked for me when i lost my mech, but all i had to do was enable it. type

WORKSPACE

SETTINGS

My workspace shows s Mechanical Classic and all the boxes are checked. I might just have to do a complete reinstall. I think one of the mechanical LISPs isn't loading correctly. DKT

lets not get crazy now... A reinstall is rarely neccesary... lets do some troubleshooting...

type AMOPTIONS do you get an error? or does options dialog box show up?

OK a couple more things. open your workspace list again. set my workspace to mechanical. hit OK. then re open workspace and set it back to mechanical classic. open options and go to the profiles tab. make sure you are on the > profile. if not, make it current. A restart wont hurt either.

Sometimes acad just needs a bump to get things moving. it happened to me before when i was messing with profiles. i lost ALL mechanical capability. All i had to do was delete my custom profile and revert back to acadmpp...

If you still cant get it to work, pop in the install CD and do a repair, making sure all your addons are set the way you want them.

Ya, that one didn't work either. This is getting quite frustrating. I was had the same problem pop up on AutoCAD Mech 2010, so I finally let the IT guy install 2011 on my computer. About two hours into it though, I lost all of my Mech commands again. I installed 2011 as a complete second install instead of removing 2010 though, so maybe something happened there?

I'm just going to purge it off my computer and give it a nice clean install without 2010 still lingering. Tough stuff... DKT