How to make a road with Autocad.

CarlosBZ

Hello CAD users,

I have a little problem with a 3D model and I need your help.

I am an Autocad user and the purpose of the 3D model is to produce a rendered animation.

I need to make a road for a 3D model. I have a surface I made with drape command, using the contours from the project. It's a solid. I have the road projection on a plan view. I just want to drill the surface of the solid and make an even surface for the planed road. See attached images.

a_section2.jpg

I tried the sweep command to make a solid that can be used to subtract the terrain's surface but unfortunately (that solid produced with the sweep command) it's twisted in a way I can't control to make an even surface, I mean, at least with a minimum slope angle. The command Sweep, at certain point twisted too much the solid or it won't make the surface at all.

I tried 3d Civil, very complicated work flow and certainly I don't know nothing neither of engineering nor of the terminology used there but I tried to learn and see if there was something I could use. I learned to make the surface with the contours, the profile, the assembly, the corridor, the grading, the break lines but what I couldn't make was the hole into the surface. Something that fills and cuts the surface.

Someone knows how to make Autocad cut and fill the 3D surface?

Best regards,

Carlos B.

a_terrain2.jpg

a_terrain.jpg

a_section1.jpg

Edited by CarlosBZ

• 3 weeks later...

to cut away parts of the object

theres a subtract command

create an object that will intersect and take away a part of the main object

then

type in subtract

select the main object

right click

then select the object that was created

to cut away parts of the object

theres a subtract command

create an object that will intersect and take away a part of the main object

then

type in subtract

select the main object

right click

then select the object that was created

Thank you Raudel Solis. I have a question. Do you mean to subtract between civil surfaces? If that's the case, incredible! certainly I will try it.

But if it's about solids, I mean, subtracting from solids it's a piece of cake, that's what I'm doing already.

Doesnt Civil have a modeling option with Contour lines?:shock:

if it does than edit your contour lines and create new ones, to set them at different elevations

even if you had no standard units set at the beginning you will still be able to do this

i got civil 2011 but when i installed it and looked at its user interface i just completely got sent to slate 1, there were so many options its confusing indeed.

so i just uninstalled it,

though il install it again later tonight i find renewed interest in this because of your post

also what do you mean exactly by hole onto surface is it onto the road, or onto the sidewall of the road