Block Pull down menu

Guest natsha61

Guest natsha61

I have so many official blocks.so for that blocks how to create pull down menu option?from pull down menu i want to select the block.after select as per that block size its should be place.its need to ask only insertion point.so hw to create.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cad64

• kramerO

• ReMark

• Lee Mac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Save yourself a lot of time, effort and aggravation by creating a custom Tool Palette with all your blocks on it. It's so easy a draftsman can do it.

2000i? Really? Does 2000i have Tool Palettes? I can't recall.

There used to be a program called Block Librarian that made this task easier.

Save yourself a lot of time, effort and aggravation by creating a custom Tool Palette with all your blocks on it. It's so easy a draftsman can do it.

2000i? Really? Does 2000i have Tool Palettes? I can't recall.

There used to be a program called Block Librarian that made this task easier.

You got a problem with 2000i?

Customization is the great thing about AutoCAD. The OP asked about pull down menus, don't be Obtuse.

No I don't have a problem with 2000i. What seems to be your problem? You never heard of working smarter not harder? Define obtuse.

Guest natsha61
An example pull down menu for inserting blocks can be downloaded at http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=49801&page=2.

Download and unzip AEC.zip, locate osaec.mnu.

kramerO Can you add one ?for reference.Because there is some Xml files available.Xlm file very difficult to edit.I am asking Express-Breakline line symbol that same type.Block.dwg

Edited by natsha61
Brief

I have so many official blocks.so for that blocks how to create pull down menu option?from pull down menu i want to select the block.after select as per that block size its should be place.its need to ask only insertion point.so hw to create.

natsha61,

Another solution is a good block manager.

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=34348.0

You may have to be registered.

There are three different block managers at The Swamp, but this one works the best for me.

You may also want to read http://www.cadalyst.com/cad/autocad/customizing-your-pulldown-menus-4730 for more info on the pull down menu.

An example to get you started.

Use Windows Notepad and use .mnu file extension.

***MENUGROUP=YOURMENUGROUPNAME

***POP1
                [YOURMENUNAME]
ID_yournametag    [Menu Item Tag]^C^C_-insert YOURBLOCKNAME \ 1;

This assumes that you have put your blocks folder location in the AutoCAD Support File Search Path.

Obtuse - angle larger than 90 but less than 180 degrees

Tool palettes were introduced in 2004.

Tool palettes are the way to go in the newer versions of AutoCAD, you can predefine scales, layers, and many other properties. If you have a drawing that contains all the blocks, the design center allows you to easily create a tool palette from all the blocks within the drawing.

Its old fashioned but it works using slides and menu's happy to post code its been posted here before.

BIGAL,

I use image menus to launch lisp routines and insert blocks.

kramerO

Guest natsha61
Its old fashioned but it works using slides and menu's happy to post code its been posted here before.

as per this ***MENUGROUP=YOURMENUGROUPNAME

***POP1

[YOURMENUNAME]

ID_yournametag [Menu Item Tag]^C^C_-insert YOURBLOCKNAME \ 1;

here how to fix sub catogry with Scale factor and rotaion agle default value(1,0)..

AA

Black 1

Black 2

Black 3

BB

Black 4

Black 5

Black 6

CC

Black 7

Black 8

Black 9

and where its thats kerbs option cod here

Had you just put your blocks on a new tool palette you would have been done by now. It's been a week since you first posted. I think you could have created a good half-dozen tool palettes in far less time.

I wish it were that simple, but his IP is dynamic, so if we ban one IP he will just sign up under another one. All we can do is hope he finally gets the message and stops creating new accounts.

He has a very distinct way of typing out his messages, and his posts always involve a request for some type of lisp routine, so if you think you see him signed up under another new name, just send me a PM so I can investigate.