Metric Thread in Solidworks 2008?

Dido

Hello everyone,

Can anyone please tell me how to create a metric thread in Solidworks 2008 and export it as .STL file for prototyping?

Thanks in advance

Dido

Is it a standard thread or something special? Is it male or female thread? I dont recall if 08 has any threads in the hole wizard but if you let me know the size/pitch and if its male or female ill try and help you out.

Is it a standard thread or something special? Is it male or female thread? I dont recall if 08 has any threads in the hole wizard but if you let me know the size/pitch and if its male or female ill try and help you out.

It's a standard metric thread.

Both, I need to export a .stl file of male and female standard metric thread.

Well the general procedure you can find on my site in my sig. Go to the Features section, Sweep, and then page 7 of the sweep feature. You can either Sweep-cut away the thread or you can do a solid sweep operation and add the thread. Since you didnt list what size you want I dont have any dimensions to help you but you need to understand what the thread sizes mean.

60deg.jpg

For a 10mm x 1.5 you have 10mm major diameter and 1.5mm between threads. For standard sizes the thread designation is threads per inch. so a 10-32 would be 32 threads per inch.