Error messages

sue langridge

Hi every time I tred to save my drawing I got error message Fatal Error unhandled Access Violation exception @ 62376C7bh, I now have got error 623778dh, what do they mean and how can I stop it PLEASE... I have a job to get out...

Did you purge the drawing?

Have you run an Audit or Recover on the drawing?

Have you cleaned out your tmp files?

Have you tried to WBlock out all the drawing entities to a new drawing and then save under a new name?

Did you purge the drawing?

Have you run an Audit or Recover on the drawing?

Have you cleaned out your tmp files?

Have you tried to WBlock out all the drawing entities to a new drawing and then save under a new name?

I knew about audit and recover but never thought about WBlocking out all the entities to a new file. This helped out great just yesterday when my AutoCAD MEP 2011 kept crashing after I replaced an updated landscape background.

Audit and recover showed no errors in the landscape dwg but for some reason once it was xref'd into our plumbing drawings AutoCAD would crash and we would get:

[FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0038 Exception at 404c31f4h]

I've searched around a little and have yet to find any sort of information on how to read these error report numbers. Is there actually a way to? Or does AutoCAD have some sort of random number generator that just spews out numbers when you get a fatal error?

Unhandled access violation reading......

You can try researching these types of errors at the AutoDesk website. There are some that crop up on a regular basis and may well be documented. The remainder are random occurrences that cannot be definitively pinpointed or ascribed to a known cause. Those are the ones that have you pulling your hair out by the fistfuls.

When you wblock, use the "entire drawing" setting, save it as a different file and try xrefing the new one into the drawing. If the new wblock'd drawing works then save it over the old drawing and re-xref that. Mark