beginer in solidworks

Viktorik

Hi to all, I worked last 3 years in autocad architecture, I think there were limits compairing to SolidWorks premium 2011, hard to import files to max for renders, only throo plugins....

realy like smart dimensions and all that what is new for me...

need program for modelling complicated forms, objects with lots precisions

- what do you thing is this a good choice ?, or inventor is cooler :D , or something else

I think solidworks is great but its all a matter of opinion. Functionally Solidworks and Inventor are very similar. What types of things do you want to model? You said complicated forms with lots of precision but what does that mean?

thanks, generally... parts used for interrior designe , exterior architecture, bionic forms... may be in future will be modeling of cars...

It sounds like you want a few different programs. While you can do all those with SW there are programs specifically designed for each of those. Autodesk Architecture would be suited for the first two. Bionic forms may be alias design, maya or 3d studio. Cars, Alias makes an automotive program. In the end though its all about the user.

If you are looking into interior/exterior design why are you looking to move away from autodesk architecture program?

I have tried to learn inventor 1 year ago and it was hard for me, I was a little confused, or there were few tutorials for beginers.... now I learn SW and tutorials are greate, or the program , interface is better, convenient

And my videocard is ATI firegl , I have heard that ATI works better with SW compared to autodesk progs :)

Well i would agree that the SW interface is more user friendly than the Autodesk setup. If you want to do all those things for fun then i think SW is a great program. If you want to do them in a professional setting you should figure out what programs are used in the industry you want to work in. I dont do any architecture stuff but I enjoy surface modeling with SW. BUT if you want to do it professionally the chanced of a company using SW for auto or bio stuff is probably slim.

Ok, thanks ... now learning is for resolving of casual problems... in future a will search what programs use employers in industry , I am student now ...

Well as a student I would say you cant go wrong with learning as many programs as you can. Students have a lot of resources at their fingertips. I would look into Maya or Alias as well.

There will be an add-in for solidworks very soon called Tspline that will bridge the gap between a true surfacing program and a parametric modeling program. Learning the modeling procedure for SW/Inventor/ProE/NX/Catia as well as the approach in Rhino/3ds/maya/alias will make you more appealing to future employers.