why I can't hide hidden lines after an union solids?

stenews

Hi mates,

I have attached a file where I did an union between solids.

Now, even if I run the hide command with display silhouette option sets to ON I'm still able to see the parts of the union solids...WHY?

How can I avoid that?

Thanks for the help

Stefano.

finestre_duilio.dwg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stenews

• ReMark

• Rebel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi ReMArk and thanks for your reply!

I'm always appreciate your help :)

What parts are you talking about? What did you union?

the lower part...I mean could you see the two curved edges on the right and left side of the horizontal part?

no...I don't want to see the two portions

Really? Your sill and the adjoining trimwork are three separate objects. And your window frame is six separate objects (2 per side and 2 for the top).

well...I'm not really getting you now, but what I want to avoid is to see the two horizontal lines that I can see on the two sides of two windows frame

I mean, the junction lines that boundary the two sided curved objects

that's the question...I'm not sure that my release has this command...could you confirm me that you are able to hide those lines with your younger version?

Okay, you're right...I leaved some parts sliced...but even if I union them it doesn't change the question I'm still see the separation between the two parts

Okay, you're right...I leaved some parts sliced...but even if I union them it doesn't change the question I'm still see the separation between the two parts

I just check 2007 and the command is listed. So the bad news is you have to upgrade. The good news is that you only have to upgrade to 2007.

Could you make it a full one? with your release?

Yes, I could. Do you want the soglia curva and cornice_svasata to be separate entities or do you want everything unioned together?

Well what can I say? I don't do miracles. I had to save it back to 2004 file format. Now when you upgrade to 2007 or higher then you can fix the problem. I did the best I could with what I had. I can travel back in time but some AutoCAD commands cannot. Understand?