autocad 2011 crashes on startup

nowikovs12

Hi guys, I have this problem, I have successfully installed autocad 2011 on my 32 bit windows xp, 4gb ram, and I had previously autocad 2010 installed, removed it by using add/remove approach. The issue is when I try to launch the program from desktop, it starts startup instalation, it build up to around 4 green bars, then disappears, and then a Autodesk message appears, asking to send a report to autocad about the problem, I cant understand why I cant make it work,.. and I can only do it once, for instance I will double click the icon, then the fallowing crash with message will appear, once I close and try to double click it again, a message comes up saying that there is already a startup installation in process, so I have to restart computer, and then I can repeat to try opening the program, which fails every time. could anyone suggest, what could be the issue? thank you, :(

Have no idea what the "issue" is. Have you tried doing the install "flat" rather than from the DVD?

Does your system meet the minimum specs as called for by AutoDesk?

I have a similar problem on a single computer. The situation is that I have installed AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 and that runs without any problem. When it was installed there was also an icon automatically placed on the desktop to start Civil 3D as AutoCAD, but when I try to start C3D as AutoCAD it crashes each time. Whats strange is, is that on two other identical computers with the identical installation of C3D 2011 there are absolutely no problems. On all of the computers there was previously C3D 2010 installed and it is still installed. I've tried a repair installation, but that hasn't changed anything. The only advice I get from my dealer is to completely de-install C3D 2011 and start again. At the moment it's not possible to take the computer out of production, so it will be a while before I can do it.