autocad has a mind of its own today - model space colour changes on its own

vickilb

Well i am puzzled this morning, never seen anything like this before, so wondered if anyone else had any idea what was going on.

I have been editing a drawing for past couple of hours, and then just a i was about to draw a new polyline, when autocad took over control. It undid everything i have done this morning, and then changed the model space background colour to black - without any assistance from me !

I have been able to pick up my drawing from the autosave, but despite changing model space background back to black again, it then changed it back to white a few minutes later !

Ive changed it back to black again now, but am confused as to whats going on !

I am no novice, i have been using cad for 17 years, so i know its nothing i am accidently doing. Anyone out there got the foggiest idea what can be going on ?

Cheers

Vic

Is it happening in just one particular drawing or in any drawing you happen to be working with?

Any other Windows based program having a problem?

Have you made any software or hardware changes to your system lately?

Could it be a driver issue to do with AutoCAD? What graphics card are you using?

When did the problem first occur?

Is it possible that your computer has picked up some malware? Mine contracted a rootkit last year and started doing some weird stuff. Finally had to wipe the system and re-install everything.