Importing XREFs

AEP

I have a base drawing that I am using to create a set of construction documents. I also have 30 other drawings that are generic construction details. I want to import those 30 other drawings into the base drawing as XREFs so that when I update the "other drawings", it will be updated in the base drawing.

The problem I am having is that when I import the "other drawings" it imports what is drawn in Model Space. I would like to import what is actual shown in the Plot Page (ie-I want to import exactly what is would print out if I printed the "other drawing")

I think the problem is I have some items that are in Paper Space and some that are in Model Space. Is there a way to import both?

thanks.

Let me re-phrase and try to be clearer. I have a drawing named DETAIL 1. Within this drawing, I have objects in both Model Space and Paper Space. I want to reference this drawing (XREF) in a drawing named MAIN DRAWING. How can I do this and is it possible?

thanks.

An XREF is not able to bring in paper space. You can however, move the objects in paper space to model space and save as a different file and then XREF that file into paper space.