Single polyline on more than one layer

eldon

Has anyone come across a polyline with the vertices on different layers?

I was working on a received drawing, and wondered why nearly all the drawing disappeared when I froze one layer. Then I listed a polyline, and the first vertex was on the proper layer, giving it the colour and llinetype, and the remainder of the vertices were on layer 0 :shock:

I have never come across this before, leading a sheltered life as I do, and wondered whether it was common.

Attached is a drawing with two such polylines. Your comments and explanations would be most gratefully received.

OddPolyline.dwg

The drawing is a survey drawing, and my guess is that there is some routine that connects points in a polyline to draw a feature. Obviously badly written, but all polylines start on their own layer, but all other vertices are on layer 0.

As the drawing was not a large one, I changed each polyline to layer 0 and then changed it back to its proper layer. I will be contacting the originators of the drawing to see if they realise what is going on.

I had not thought of Audit, I must go and try it now. Thank you.