Select previous

Rainy-Day

You know how if you have a command running, you can hit 'p'Enter to select previously selected objects?

Now, let's say I like to first select objects, then use a command on them.. how can I do the same thing then? I tried select command but that doesn't work 'cause it will deselect all objects it selected right after you exit it..

Please help!

PICKFIRST System Variable

Type: Integer

Saved in: Registry

Initial value: 1

Controls whether you select objects before (noun-verb selection) or after you issue a command.

0 Turns off PICKFIRST; you select objects after you issue a command

1 Turns on PICKFIRST; you select objects before you issue a command

Command: PICKFIRST

Enter new value for PICKFIRST : 1

Really, all you have to do is select the entities, either by single picks or by a window, then issue the command from either the command prompt (keyboard entry) or toolbar button.

I'm talking about selecting previously selected objects.

e.g. I select 5 objects; I use move command to move them. I hit a shortcut key that selects these same 5 objects; I use copy command to copy them. (or any other command). That's what I'm looking for.

I already tried select command but that doesn't work because it deselects the objects after you finish it.

I think you will find that it does not "deselect" your selection after ending the 'select' command, it just no longer highlights them. That selection is still available as the "previous" selection for a subsequent command.

I'd like to keep it "highlighted" or selected, so that I could use the next command on it without having to type p and enter *after* a command. It's not that typing p is too hard, (although for something I'd want to use so often even that is a considertion), it's that I always work in a manner of making a selection then running command on it, not the other way around, and it feels uncomfortable to switch the order and then switch it back again. I think there must be some way to keep the objects selected, perhaps some deep autolisp way of doing this..

Thanks!

• 10 years later...

Hi,

Once the data is selected and if unknowingly it is deselected, I want to select it again using command, which command should I use?