How to hatch a circle pattern in a circle?

Gail77333

Hi, How does one insert a pattern into a circle, it's a circlestone patio. I'm new at this and have not been able to figure out out to get the pattern to rotate around the the 3' fire pit in the middle. Thanks Gail

What type of program are you using? If it is AutoCAD then all you do is Hatch command/ pick the hatch pattern you want then select a pick points then select your outer circle. That is all there is to it.

You can do as eyde above has suggested but I'm betting it may not come out the way you want it to look and it won't be the fault of the execution of the command but of the pattern you may be using. Let us know how things turn out though either way. I'd like to be wrong on this one.

Thanks for your reply but I understand how to hatch but the angles always put it in on a 45 etc. I want it to encircle the hatch around the center to represent a circular patio. How do I make the pattern go 360 degrees around?

Thanks for your reply but I understand how to hatch but the angles always put it in on a 45 etc. I want it to encircle the hatch around the center to represent a circular patio. How do I make the pattern go 360 degrees around?

That thought crossed my mind thus my guarded reply.

Hi, How does one insert a pattern into a circle, it's a circlestone patio.

I am not sure that hatching works in a circular mode. If you want to show actual joint lines and the paving stones are cast as circular, I think you will have to draw the joints.

if you have standard cobble pavers, then the joints will not line up radially.

As per Eldon you can use the array command to rotate a cobble paver around 360 degs you have a couple of problems its a bit like a gear sprocket problem you have to work out your pitch angle for the array command

A bit of maths given the length of a circle divide by block length gives number of blocks divide that into 360 and gives angle for array to be even more accurate actually need the chord length probably put this in excell to work out the maths maybe search for "circular array lisp" check also "sprocket". It would not be a hard lisp to do.

Just had a thought try "divide" and pick block option