Dialux lighting exported to AutoCAd 2010

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way, when i have exported my lighting calculation from dialux to an autocad drawing, to replace the light fitting blocks in the drawing with my own blocks. Basically, the blocks from dialux are anonymous in autocad, and each one, even though they are the same light type, have a different name (usaully *U127 etc). So i could have 120 lights that i want to replace, but cannot do it in one easy step. Can anyone help please?

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but i have searched and searched and cannot find a resolution. It would save a lot of time if i did.

Ochiara

Hi Ochiara,

If the lights are arranged in a grid you can use the ARRAY command to put your blocks in the right positions on the grid.

If they're placed a bit random you'll have to do it manual i'm afraid.

If you have 120 lights and they happen to be 6 different styles (20 lights each) then replacing them would require substituting your six blocks for the six anonymous blocks. Right?

@Remark and @SLW2010 if only it was that simple, Dialux creates a seperate anonymous block for each exported light so the express tool or a lisp are useless.

Do the dialux blocks have insertion points? You could try exporting the coordinates to Excel then reinserting yor blocks using those coordinates.

• 3 years later...

melkijat: Ochiara created this thread back in 2011. Note that he made the one post and never returned. The chances of him answering your question would appear to be in the realm of "slim to none."

Thank you ReMark, probably he is not going to answer that...

i was searching for solution, but without succes...my knowledge of autocad is also not so deep.

Dialux creates anonymus blocks, name *U23, *U145, etc...every blocks have different reference name.

And yes, thay all do have reference points, so maybe exporting coordinates in excel and imported blocks would be helpful, like SLW210 wrote. What would be the easiest way to do that?

Thank you,

I do not see where AutoCAD would see a difference in an anonymous block from Dialux than it would from AutoCAD. Sounds like it creates an anonymous block just like Dynamic blocks.

This might be something to ask the LISP gurus in the LISP forum. AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL