CADTutor open for business

CADTutor

Dear Friends,

CADTutor is now open for business again. I have worked hard over the last 5 days to ensure that the site is more secure than before.

Obviously, I can't guarantee absolute security and one of the things I've learned over the past week is that there are plenty of very clever, malicious people out there who have time on their hands and get kicks out of bringing sites down.

Sadly, that's unlikely to change and keeping websites safe is a constant battle.

Please let me know by PM if you notice anything strange on this site, particularly over the next few days.

Thanks,

David

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADTutor

• ReMark

• Jack_O'neill

• MarcoW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi David,

Thanks for all the efforts you do!

Let's hope they will skip us the next time...

Q: is it my PC or are the forum/images/icons/ not loading?

And what to my wandering eyes did appear?

Thank you David for all your hard work. I, for one, missed CADTutor quite a bit.

I hope we can safely say The Best is back!

Q: is it my PC or are the forum/images/icons/ not loading?

They weren't loading. The forum software has been updated to the latest version and there were a number of changes - including the way post icons are handled.

All fixed now.

Something still seems a bit "off" but I can't put my finger on it. What other changes were made to how this site works?

At the time of writing, the Google "attack" warning is still in place on the forum. I have requested a review, and that should mean the warning is lifted in a few hours from now. vBulletin has been upgraded to the latest version, which contained a number of changes, most of which are not obvious but some have lead to minor cosmetic changes. All the coding on the site has been reviewed and any security vulnerabilities plugged. Actually, there are quite a lot of changes in the way the site works but for obvious reasons I'd rather not specify here.

When you say 'a bit "off"', what do you mean?

I certainly understand and agree that there are details that should be omitted.

Something looks different but it is more a vague feeling than something I can pinpoint accurately at the moment.

Pay me no mind. I'm sure you have more pressing things to attend to at the moment.

Having gone through a virus last summer, I feel for you. I would like someday to run up on one of these scumbags that cause a lot a havoc for hard working peeps. -David

Hi, my name is ReMark and I'm a CADTutor addict.

It all started while researching a problem. I literally stumbled across "The best AutoCAD help site on the web", a.k.a. - CADTutor, and immediately knew I was hooked.

Many, many thanks for all the hard work to get the site back on line, it has been & no doubt will be a font of valuable information and help for me and i am sure everybody else. Lets hope the A*** holes who attacked the site catch an incurable disease, as they are of no use to anybody. Once again many thanks for all the help.