Copying a attribute in block editor, Can it have a value.

muck

I made a block with about 11 attributes in it then I openned the block and copied the first attribute then I went

to AutoCad to edit the new attribute. I found that I could not give the new copied attribute a value and it did

not show up in the block in AutoCAD Editor. So is this copied Attribute tag accessable for value change. Is it accessable to VBA for a value change?

Thank you,

Not sure what you're asking, but attsync should allow the attribute to appear in the edited block, after you have closed the block editor.

You must change the name of each copied attribute. Blocks with duplicate names are ignored.
Very good point! You'll see those duplicate attributes appear red in the Enhance Attribute Editor. Be warned: While it is possible to have duplicate attribute tag names in the same block, data extraction doesn't work on them. Also you might find that you loose information randomly when you use the AttSync / BAttMan commands. So after you've copied the AttDef inside the BEdit, double click it and give it a unique name. If you've already started using blocks with duplicate tag names, you're stuck (unless you redo all their values, or write a Lisp to fix them).