Annotative Text and Justification

It seems if a justification of text is changed to annotative text with multiple scales assigned to the text only the active annotative text justification changes. Such as, I have an annotative text, when created, had a justification of top left with scales of 3/16, 3/32 and 1"-20'. I need to change the justification to middle center. When I click on the text, prior to changing the justification all scales justified to TL. The annotative scale in the VP is 3/32 and when I change the justification from TL to MC the only text that changed its justification is the 3/32. Both 3/16 and 1"-20' justification remained TL. I tried the Sync position, and it did not work. Is there a "sync justification"?

Thanks

It seems if a justification of text is changed to annotative text with multiple scales assigned to the text only the active annotative text justification changes. Such as, I have an annotative text, when created, had a justification of top left with scales of 3/16, 3/32 and 1"-20'. I need to change the justification to middle center. When I click on the text, prior to changing the justification all scales justified to TL. The annotative scale in the VP is 3/32 and when I change the justification from TL to MC the only text that changed its justification is the 3/32. Both 3/16 and 1"-20' justification remained TL. I tried the Sync position, and it did not work. Is there a "sync justification"?

Thanks

From what I can tell from experimenting, once you move the text in one annoscale you can not get them synced to take the justification for all scales. Another AutoCAD feature, you are welcome.

I can't get it to work here. If I move text at one scale, then change the justification for that scale, the other text stays at their current justification. If I use annoreset and then try to set justification it still only works on the current annoscale. I am trying this with one text object. You are saying that under the above scenario that annoreset works for you?

• 6 years later...

I am not sure what version of Civil 3D Nardino is using, but in 2014 ANNORESET or Synchronize Multiple-scale Positions reset defaults to a Top Left position. Any justifications picked in other scales do not get reset and must be told manually in each annotative scale if you want anything other than Top Left. It affects positioning only.