Getting information from Non Uniform Blocks

MikeMc52

In the help files it states that objects in non-uniform scaled blocks will not be extracted. If I add an attribute to the block that would contain the information I needed would it be extracted?

When I draw a 3D pipe, I have three blocks I use:

Left thread end

Pipe

Right thread end

When I have a 3D pipe to draw, I insert the left thread end (uniform scale), then I insert the pipe block and scale the “Y” to the length I need (minus 2”- one inch for each end) and then I insert the right thread end.

What I would like to do is add an attribute to the “Pipe” block that would include the length and have that attribute exported so I could use it for the length of pipe to be used to order and construct the pipe. Will this work?

And the answer is: Even though it probably will not give you a lot of information for an non uniform scaled block it will read the attributes and output them

And I am happy. :D