Edit X-ref in place 2010LT problem

Glen1980

Every so often when others in the office and now, today, myself have been editing an x-ref in place it will not allow us to save the changes we have made.

First when you try the dialogue box flashes up , as attachment. I press F2 to bring up the command line box and have copied the relevent lines below.

Command: _refclose

The following symbols will be permanently bound to the current drawing:

Text Styles: $0$Arial

Blocks: $0$_ArchTick

Enter option [save/Discard reference changes] : _sav

Regenerating model.

Errors found in references to other objects:

** Object reference missing: AcDbBlockReference, to AcDbDimAssoc.

Regenerating model.

*Cancel*

Any ideas how to work around this or correct it? Luckily on this occasion I was simply stretching a kitchen to fit a new layout but others have lost an hours work (I have no idea why they were in there for so long either:?)

problem.jpg

Was the xreffed file created from a vertical product? The work around for this is to go into the xreffed file and make modifications there. You might try closing the DWG and reopening, maybe give it a purge, an audit, etc.

I searched "Object reference missing" at Autodesk and there are plenty of similar problems and seems most are while in-place refedit. No solutions, just work arounds, that I found.

All X-refs and drawings were produced on 2010LT in house.

It is a very infrequent problem but has happened often enough for me to remember it.

As soon as I had run the undo command to take me past the point where I had opened the x-ref edit in place command I was able to redo the command make my changes and come out again normally.

I do purge and audit regularly, especially as someone whose CAD skills are not great produced this drawing (plus he is middle management and won't listen to a mere technician.)

I suspect that this happens when the in place editing command has been opened for a while. I am usually in and out straight away but this time I thought I'd closed the editor and got distracted (ooh shiney :lol:) by something and left it open a lot longer than I intended. It is a similar story for my collegues who have had this one of them had been editing for nearly a whole afternoon, I did manage to save her work but can't remember how.

AFAIK this bug has been around since at least AutoCAD 2000, from looking on the Autodesk site. It seems quite apparent they have no intentions of sorting this.

Oh well, as long as I'm not the only one! At least I tell colleagues not to linger in the editor we may avoid the problems, I suppose we should just be grateful Autodesk gave LT the command at all :)