PDF to DWG converter?

markjohnsonii

Why not bring them into MEP with the PDFATTACH command, use the Scale by Reference feature then trace over them? I don't put much faith in conversion software as you sometimes spend a great deal of your time cleaning it up so it works the way you want. Just my opinion. Others may (and probably will) disagree.

Why not bring them into MEP with the PDFATTACH command, use the Scale by Reference feature then trace over them? I don't put much faith in conversion software as you sometimes spend a great deal of your time cleaning it up so it works the way you want. Just my opinion. Others may (and probably will) disagree.

Ahhh ok well that is a great idea. I will keep this in mind.

Thanks so much!

See Similar Threads @ the bottom of this page.

I have had my best success with Ghostscript and GSview, but I usually go with the PDF underlay, scale and trace method when necessary. Best bet is to see if you can get the DWG.

Try http://cadpanacea.com/ he has some excellent tips as well.

• 3 months later...

Especially nice since you can use OSnaps on an attached PDF.

http://www.convertpdftodwg.co.uk converts drawings for £10 each

results are very good considering the small costs

They did me free samples

I suggest emailing them a test pdf

1. You spammed this in two threads.

2. I had a look at your site and watched the YouTube video of the conversion. The conversion is of surprisingly high quality actually. However as can be seen from the video, all you are doing is running the pdf through this program: http://www.autodwg.com/pdf-to-dwg-converter/Buynow.htm

Considering that program only costs 200 pounds or so, why would anyone get you to convert 50 drawings or the other special packages available on your website (except as a one off only perhaps)?