• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Robert M

• Lazer

• iskalipsi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are many factors you need to consider in drawing site plans. What is this site plan for? Commercial, Industrial or Residential? You need to know first the city standards (setbacks, driveways, parkings & etc. ).

What do you have for the base information? Do you have the survey information such as bearing and distance or are you working strictly from coordinates? We need more information if you expect us to assist you.

Will the site plan include contours as well?

Edited by ReMark

I am drawing presently the traditional way u know with T- square,set square etc.. but always hearing about autocad so i went and download the software and then i found a video tutorial of the version i downloaded, so my problem is with drawing up the boundary lines from the surveyor's plan.

Edited by Robert M

I do residential drawings and I am new to autocad

Robert: Great response but it failed to answer a single question. The more information about this project the better we will be able to help you.

So you want to draw a site plan and put one of your houses on it? What information do you have so far about the site?

I am drawing presently the traditional way u know with T- square,set square etc.. but always hearing about autocad so i went and download the software and then i found a video tutorial of the version i downloaded, so my problem is with drawing up the boundary lines from the surveyor's plan.

Maybe start here=>http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/survey-data.php

OK! We have a surveyor's plan. That's a start. What information is shown on the site plan besides the property line?

Can you post a jpg of the surveyor's plan?

Robert: Great response but it failed to answer a single question. The more information about this project the better we will be able to help you.

So you want to draw a site plan and put one of your houses on it? What information do you have so far about the site?

yes i have drawing from lands and surveys department of St.Vincent rite,it have on it a Traverse: Line, Bearing, Distance eg. Line: C-B Bearing:217degrees 22feet Distance: 80.98 when put in these values into autocad i am getting very long line which i cant zoom out two see both ends and the degrees i put in is different to what is on the surveyor's plan

Robert: The first rule of AutoCAD is that all objects are drawn in model space at FULL size. If the distance is 12" that what you draw it at. If the distance is 432' then that's what you draw it at. It doesn't matter if you are drawing the eraser at the end of your pencil or a Boeing 777 Dreamliner you still draw it full size.

What units are you using? Decimal, Architectural or Engineering?

Is North indicated on the surveyor's plan?

Do you know how to enter angles in AutoCAD?

OK! We have a surveyor's plan. That's a start. What information is shown on the site plan besides the property line?

Can you post a jpg of the surveyor's plan?

ReMark here is the link for the surveyor's plan

Edited by Robert M

Robert: The first rule of AutoCAD is that all objects are drawn in model space at FULL size. If the distance is 12" that what you draw it at. If the distance is 432' then that's what you draw it at. It doesn't matter if you are drawing the eraser at the end of your pencil or a Boeing 777 Dreamliner you still draw it full size.

What units are you using? Decimal, Architectural or Engineering?

Is North indicated on the surveyor's plan?

Do you know how to enter angles in AutoCAD?

My units are in architectural and yes the surveyor's plan indicated the North and do not know how to enter angles in autocad

I can kind of read it but I already see a future problem. There are no ties to either house nor are the zoning setbacks shown. Is a new house being built or is an existing house being renovated?

I can kind of read it but I already see a future problem. There are no ties to either house nor are the zoning setbacks shown. Is a new house being built or is an existing house being renovated?[/

the buildings are existing

So how and where do i start? @ReMark

I would have to study the site plan a moment. Unfortunately I need to go into the plant and take some measurements. In the words of the Terminator...

I'll be back.