Pipe run

grain

I'm trying to produce a drawing of a pipe run with a number of closely spaced welded tee joints as opposed to using ready made T joint components. I thought it may be possible to just draw a line perpendicular to the route to generate a Tee but it didn't work.

Second question: There only seems to be one tutorial on routing with the software (2010) Can anyone recommend sources of learning for pipe runs in general and any links to the subject in general would be really appreciated.

I came across video-tutorials.net that have a number of video tutorials on the subject and would be interested to hear of anyone who has used them.

Solidworks Professor also has a Routing set of video tutorials for $299. Again

any review appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hey grain. Have you gone through the routing tutorials built into SW. They are the first ones I would go through.

SW has a large library of standard pipe components that should make this a bit easier. I know its been over a month but have you figured this out yet?

Thank you for replying.

I used the 'Penetrate' command to form a clean cut between the two intersecting

pipes.

I also found the solidworks-lab.com tutorials very good value.