Purge / Audit

marbruce

Sorry Silly question but does it matter what way you do these in a drawing? should I purge first then audit or vice versa or does it matter at all???? bit of a debate going so any and all responses appreciated :)

My way is to audit first , because audit would also clean up the drawing and being ready for any later action .

And purging first may mix things up since that drawing is not running well .

excellent that seems to be the common response. It doesn't matter either way but a common comment is audit first to fix then purge to clear????

I don't see how purging would "mix things up". Could you be more specific?

I want hear the answer to this one.

Seems to me that by purging first, there will be less to audit.

AutoDesk University 2007.

Helen Gorina gave a class called How to Clean Anything in AutoCAD where she used a script file to batch clean up a folder of drawings. She used the Purge command three times in a row at the beginning of the script followed by Audit twice before doing a QSave.

By the way, Jkos, "-purge; all" does not include reaggs as I understand it.

The course number for the above mentioned class was GD401-1 for anyone interested in reading the class handout. Find it at AutoDesk University Online.

I audit then purge. On a couple of occasions audit has created layers along the line of #AUDIT_BAD_LAYER_1 etc. Nothing on them but purging got rid of them.