AutoCAD 2011 freeze on startup

Us3

Hey all,

I don't post often as I rarely have issues, however.....

My ACAD '11 is playing up. I launch it and it appears to launch fine except it's frozen. no crash, no error message, just an inability to select any tools or open a files or just click on anything.

It did this on ocasion previously but a machine restart would fix the problem. now even that does not help.

Any ideas?

Use taskmanager and delete the process WSCOMMCNTR1.EXE. This is the AutoCAD Communication Center (Info Center). Do a Google search and you will find many with the same problem. This has been happening to many of our computers.

• 3 weeks later...

The OP never got back to us so it remains a mystery as to whether or not he solved his problem. I suppose if AutoCAD were still "hanging" we would have heard back by now.

apologies all,

i am writing this as i lay on the floor with a back that's going to require surgery. regardless i should have replied sooner and yes profcad's solution is correct. i found the problem at the same time as profcad replied.

when i tried to update acad and was told that i needed to exit it to run the update, i went through taskmanager and found infocenter still running. magically problem solved, although obviously it is still happening i now can work around it.

thanks for the help guys and again apologies for the late reply.

So the problem isn't permanently solved then if I understand you correctly?

Back problems? Got three slipped discs of my own so I can say I literally feel your pain. Hope all goes well with your surgery. Are you having a laminectomy or a fusion done?

Thanks for updating us.

• 1 month later...